Installing a VidConvert Conversion Engine is a quick and simple process that needs to be done by the user. It will only take a minute and then setup will be complete and you will be ready to use VidConvert. For the easiest (and recommended) way just follow the 3 steps below and if you have any questions during installation please contact Support via email or watch this Video.
Installing the Conversion Engine:
1. Click this link Here to download a Conversion Engine (FFmpeg).
2. After your download is complete double-click it (it is an dmg file).
3. Open VidConvert and in the menu bar choose File > Add Conversion Engine and select the ffmpeg executable. The ffmpeg executable will be relocated and VidConvert is now ready to use! (Alternatively you can drag the executable onto the VidConvert window.)
2. Unzip the file in a folder you remember. If your unzipper is not working or you don't have an compatible App, Please download "The Unarchiver" for free from the AppStore.
2. Unpack the file and drag and drop the unzipped file on the VidConvert app.
For VidConvert to use a Conversion Engine it needs to be named ffmpeg. It is also possible to compile your own (visit this site Here for a guide) or to use from another source, for any questions please contact Support. Also, although this is a one-time setup it's advised to repeat this process from time to time to always be updated. FFmpeg is a trademark of Fabrice Bellard.